lost seouls

This is Franticham:






This is the first page of a book that caught my attention:




Antic-ham is an independent publisher & illustrator based out of Seoul, Korea. I had the pleasure of meeting her at an independent publisher's fair in London, England a couple of years ago.

All of her work is diary based, and, being the hopeless romantic that I am, upon opening the first page to "Rendez-vous / He Said..." [pictured above], I was immediately captivated by Antic-ham's tale of love & separation... so much so that I decided to produce and direct a documentary short on her story.

Antic-ham met her partner in design at a book binding course in Korea. Since, Antic-ham and Fran have divided their days and work between Seoul and Ireland, capturing all of their adventures together by camera, and then either silk screening or collaging their works.

For me, it was an amazing experience to make the film. Fran & Ham are two people I can't speak highly enough of, and I will never forget my time in
The Valley House pub after filming! I hope you enjoy their story. Watch here:



Read the Irish Times article on Fran & Ham here.
For the franticham blog, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment